When purchasing a Spanbilt steel garden shed, Garage, Workshop, Carport (15-year Warranty) or Smartlocker (20-year Warranty) you are eligible for a personal warranty that is backed by Spanbilt, the manufacturer, and our proven commitment to quality and customer service.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian consumer law.
You will be entitled to a replacement or refund of a major failure and Compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You will also be entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Cost of claiming the warranty will be by the claimant.
This warranty is in addition to other rights and remedies of the customer under law.
The 15 year warranty is eligible only to the original purchaser/owner of the shed as registered within 60 days from the date of purchase and is not transferable.
- Is valid for both Australia & New Zealand.
- Is subject to location and local environmental conditions outlined in the warranty exclusions below.
What is covered under the warranty?
Spanbilt steel garden sheds, garages, workshops and Carports’ 15 year and Smartlocker 20-year warranty is limited to the following specific cover.
- Zinc and/or galvanised panel materials will not rust
- Coloured panel materials will not rust, flake, peel or blister.
Please note the warranties do not apply to any accessory items such as fasteners, Hasp, Pad bolts, also including flooring kits, shelving, hook sets, tool racks etc.
Warranty Qualifications & Limitations
The 15 year warranty is subject to the following qualifications and limitations
1. Warranty does not apply to surface deterioration of the panels caused specifically by
a. ”Swarf”(tiny particles of steel debris left from cutting, grinding or drilling operations) that have not been dutifully removed during the assembly construction process.
b. As a result of contact with damp soil, chemicals, fertilisers, or other corrosive substances
2. Warranty does not cover damage caused by storms, wind, rain, hail, snow or any other adverse environmental event or ”act of god”
3. Warranty only applies if the shed is used solely for domestic purposes and installation is in accordance and compliance with the Spanbilt instruction manual and manufacturer recommendations.
4. Warranty does not apply if the shed is installed / located in
a. Ocean/surf locations (typically defined as within 1km from coastal or tidal locations),
b. Severe industrial locations
c. Unusually corrosive environments (e.g. Geothermal / Sulphuric conditions)
5. Warranty does not cover any damage as a result of
a. Any impact
b. Due to poor foundations
d. Build-up of debris on or in roof or walls
e. Poor assembly and/or construction
6. The warranty will be void if the shed has been relocated from its original location / address
7. The warranty is limited to the replacement and delivery of panels and specifically excludes any labour, installation or removal/disposal costs.
8. Warranty applies to the exclusions of all other representations, guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied unless otherwise required by applicable legislation.
9. Your warranty registration certificate and supporting documentation must be completed and lodged within 60 days of the date of purchase.
All claims should be made in writing sent directly to:
PO Box 1581,
Browns Plains, Queensland, 4118
Claims must include:
a) Original proof of purchase documentation
b) Relevant contact information
c) Product model
d) Photographic evidence
e) Description of the damage